David G. Hicks
Attorney at Law
David G. Hicks, after more than 30 years practicing law, has retired. In his capacity, he had helped businesses ranging in size from sole proprietorships to corporations employing more than a hundred people and millions of dollars in Assets to protect. Businesses and owners turned to Mr. Hicks for assistance with restructuring or reorganizing their companies, debt defense issues, tax or other governmental problems, or even liquidating their companies and legally going out of business in an orderly fashion. We wish him and his wife well on their new life journey of retirement.
“The professionalism and knowledge made a bleak period in our lives bright. The expertise and kindness quickly put both me and my husband at ease.”
Certified Legal Specialties
- Consumer Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification, 1992
- “Understanding the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 in Nebraska”
- “The October Surprise: The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994 – An Analysis of Title II – The Commercial Issues,” 29 Creighton L. Rev. No. 2 499, February, 1996
- “Bankruptcy Law Gets A Fresh Start: The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005” (Co-Author), Nebraska State Bar Association, The Nebraska Lawyer, October, 2005
- “Student Loans, Chapter 13, Classification of Debt, Unfair Discrimination and the Fresh Start After the Student Loan Default Prevention Initiative Act of 1990” (Co-Author), 4 Detroit College of Law Review, Winter, 1993
- “Recent Developments in Section 36: Utility Service and the Bankruptcy Code,” 1995 Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law 499, 1994
- “’Please Sir, I Want Some More’ – Loopholes, Austerity and the Cost Of Living – Nebraska Exemption Policy Revisited” (Co-Author), 73 Neb. L. Rev. 298, 1994
- “Bankruptcy Exemption Manual,” Thompson/West Pub. Co. – West’s Bankruptcy Series, 2000-2012
- “The Impact of Bankruptcy on Dissolution of Marriage in Nebraska” (Co-Author), National Business Institute Manual, 2002
- “Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Law and Procedure in Nebraska” (Co-Author), National Business Institute Manual, 2003
- “Iowa Legal Research Guide for Bankruptcy Law” (Co-Author), Ch. 12.4, 2001
Hicks & Alhejaj, P.C.
11717 Burt Street, Suite 106 | Omaha NE 68154
Phone: 402-401-4916 | Fax: 402-444-1724
Omaha Law Office
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.